How to Play Lightning Roulette
In most ways, Lightning Roulette is a standard European Roulette game. It is played with the regular Roulette wheel divided into 37 numbered segments (0 to 36 inclusive), a ball is released into the spinning wheel and all you need to do is bet on the which segment the ball will come to rest on. All you need to do is position your chips on the relevant section of the betting area and then watch as the croupier releases the ball. While the ball is spinning, lightning will strike to create Lucky Numbers, and you can watch as the ball comes to a rest.
Lightning Roulette Bet Types
Thanks to the layout of the numbers on the wheel, the colouring of the numbers on the wheel, and the layout of the betting area, Lightning Roulette has many different types of bet that can be placed. In addition to betting on individual numbers, you can also bet on groups of numbers. These groups maybe formed by the layout of the betting area/wheel, or of numbers that share characteristics, such as all the odd or even numbers.
As a result, there are many standard types of bet:
- Straight Up: A bet on a specific number.
- Split Bet: A bet on two adjacent numbers on the betting area.
- 0-1-2, 0-2-3: A bet on either group of three numbers.
- Street/Row Bet: A bet on three numbers in a vertical line (a street) on the betting area.
- Corner/Square Bet:A bet on four numbers that form a square on the betting area.
- Double Street Bet:A bet on six numbers, two streets that are next to each another in the betting area.
- Dozen Bet:A bet on the first, second or third group of 12 numbers (1-12, 13-24 and 25-36).
- Column Bet: A bet on the twelve numbers that make up a horizontal line in the betting area.
- Red/Black Bet:A bet on either a red or a black number.
- Even/Odd Bet: A bet on all the even or all the odd numbers.
- Low/High Bet: A bet on whether the ball will land on a low or high number (1 – 18 or 19 – 36).
By placing multiple chips you can place a combination of the above bet types in various betting patterns. There is a special racetrack shaped betting area where you can quickly and easily place some of the most common betting patterns:
- Voisins du Zero:A bet on the neighbours of 0 on the wheel, it includes every number between 22 and 25.
- Tier: A bet on the area of the wheel opposite 0, the bet covers about a third of the wheel between numbers 33 and 27.
- Orphelins: A bet on the numbers 17, 34, 6, 1, 20, 14, 31 and 9.
- Zero:A bet on seven numbers on a section of the wheel with four chips. One chip on: 0/3 12/15, 28 and 32/35.
Lightning Roulette Special Features and Payouts
The thing that makes Lightning Roulette truly exciting is when lightning strikes the Roulette wheel on each spin to create up to five Lucky Numbers. Each of these Lucky Numbers is awarded a payout multiplier of 50x, 100x, 200x, 300x, 400x or 500x. If the ball then lands on one of these numbers and you have place a Straight Up bet on that number, then you will win your bet multiplied by the multiplier.
In addition to the Lucky Number payouts, the game offers the standard Roulette payouts with the exception of Straight Up bets that pay 30:1 without the multipliers. Betting on Reds, Blacks, Odds or Evens pays out 1:1. Column and Dozen bets payout 2:1, Double Street bets payout at 5:1, Corner bets payout at 8:1, Street bets payout at 11:1 and Split bets pay at 17:1.